Each year we hold 1 to 3 residency sessions in Winter/Spring (February through June). During their stay (3 weeks), participants use the hacienda grounds as a laboratory for the creative process and engaging with the local community. They are free to work whenever desired in the provided studios and anywhere in the property. Experimentation is encouraged as is discourse and collaboration. Daily group activities such as morning stretch and meditation, and occasional guided walks and fieldtrips to nearby towns and natural areas are often organized, depending on people’s interests. Because of the relative inaccessibility of the place and a desired cohesiveness of the group, all participants are required to be there the whole time, arriving and departing on specific dates and times.
The selection process is both by invitation and application. Participants are selected by the Residency Director in conjunction with the Advisory Board. Application is open to professionals from all countries, cultural backgrounds and aesthetics. Up to 10 people are selected from a mix of the following disciplines:
- Performing Arts (Music, Dance, Performance, Theater, Puppetry, etc)
- Visual Arts (Painting, Drawing, Mixed-Media, Photography, Film/Video, etc)
- Sculpture and Installation
- Design and Architecture
- Humanities and Social Sciences (Anthropology, Philosophy, Writing, etc)
- Natural Sciences (Ecology, Hydrology, Biology, Geology, etc)
Award / Costs
- Living and working space at NO COST (single or double occupancy bedrooms & studios).
- All utilities, cleaning services and three meals per day (self-serve for breakfast, prepared for lunch and dinner) at NET COST: $300 pesos per person, per day (about $25 USD / $18 euro). Total for the 3 weeks: $6,000 pesos (about $500 USD / $350 euro).
- Presentation at the Open House event on the last week of the residency.
- Connections with Mexico’s cultural and academic presenters.
- We DO NOT cover transportation or material expenses
How to Apply
2013-2014 CYCLE CALENDAR:
Application Deadline: August 1st, 2013
Acceptance Notification: September 1st, 2013
Residency Session: May 26 – June 15, 2014
If you have any other questions, please contact:
Alicia Marván, Director