The program is geared towards emerging artists or arts administrators, as well as Bachelors and Masters’ students who wish to apply theoretical knowledge to real-life situations. The internship is highly competitive, allowing 2 participants per year to participate in our 3-week annual residency sessions at reduced cost, in exchange of 20 hours of work per week. In addition to engaging creatively at the residency, the intern is involved in all aspects of the center’s management and day-to-day operations (staff coordination, assisting the residency participants, open house installation, marketing, etc). The focus of the internship is assisting the director, invited professionals and community in finding creative solutions to existing environmental, infrastructural, organizational and socio-economic research topics or issues.
Benefits that may come of internship
- Applying theoretical knowledge to a practical setting.
- Acquiring new knowledge and skills through interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary practices.
- Generating fulfilling cultural bridges and liaisons.
Credit might be possible at either undergraduate or graduate level, depending on each intern’s institution guidelines.
Active engagement in our center / community for approximately 20 hours per week for 3 weeks.
Award / Costs
- Living and working space at NO COST (single or double occupancy bedrooms & studios).
- All utilities, cleaning services and three meals per day at REDUCED COST ($500 USD instead of $1,000).
- Production assistance to realize one or more projects while in redidency.
- Presentation of your work at the Open House event on the last week of the residency.
- We DO NOT cover transportation or material expenses.
How to Apply
Simply fill-out our application form online, on the APPLY page, stating in your letter that you are interested in the internship.
If you have any other questions, please contact:
Alicia Marván, Director