- ARRIVALS: Please arrive directly to the hacienda between 5:00 and 6:00 pm on the first day of your stay. Consult our VISIT page for location and transportation details.
- DEPARTURES: Plan your departure between 1:00 and 2:00 pm on the last day of your stay. We can help you arrange a cab ($200 pesos to Maravatío) or a group van directly to an airport (inquire about pricing). Lunch will be provided before you depart.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Keep in mind that the Guapamacátaro Hacienda is a 250+ year-old historic estate so, facilities are very rustic (old building materials, basic furniture and lighting).
- LIVING QUARTERS: Most of our facilities are shared among residents. You will have your own bedroom, but bathrooms and art studios are usually shared between 2 or 3 people each.
- PETS: We welcome well-behaved pets, we just ask that they be in the garden and covered patios at all times, since we don’t allow pets inside. Also, we have 3 dogs here (medium and large sized), and 4 cats … They usually get along with visiting animals, but your pet might feel threatened and/or stressed.
- WILDLIFE: We are located in the countryside, so expect to see a plethora of critters…squirrels, mice, bats, small reptiles and insects (nothing deadly). We try to keep them off the house, but some do sneak in. We suggest keeping doors and windows shut most of the time, specially at sunset.
- FOOD: If the program you are attending includes food, two prepared meals per day are provided, buffet-style: lunch from 12 to 1pm, and dinner from 6 to 7pm. These are typical Mexican dishes – tasty and nutritious but somewhat basic (not gourmet). We will also switch it up and prepare international dishes. During off-meal hours, you can help yourself to a 24-hour beverage and snack bar, where you will find water, coffee, tea, baked goods, nuts and fruit.
- SPECIAL DIETS: We do our best in accommodating vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets, but please be aware that Mexican cuisine often uses animal products. We always buy these organic, hormone-free, and the best quality available. They are served on the side, so you can choose to eat them or not. Also, specialty items are not available locally (such as gluten-free bread, nut butters, plant proteins, or dairy-free milks). If you require them in your diet, please bring them with you.
- LUXURY / GOURMET FOODS: Avocado, Mushrooms, Berries, Mangoes, Granola, Sugar-Free Yoghurt, Chocolate, Fish, Shellfish and Beef are considered luxury or gourmet foods in our region, specially when not in season. These items will be served occasionally, depending on market price and availability.
- ALCOHOL AND DRUGS: We are open-minded in this regard, but please be respectful of others, and use them responsibly, so they don’t negatively affect your stay or that of others. Often, we organize rounds of beer, wine or liquor, sharing the cost.
Guapamacátaro Art & Ecology
Maravatío, Michoacán MEXICO